Registration link: https://www.linkedin.com/events/financingdecarbonisationatscale7130836807679643649/
Join the webinar through this link:
illuminem presents an exclusive opportunity to delve into the topic of decarbonisation. Join our upcoming webinar as we explore the imperative for sustainable practices in the face of climate change. Discover the latest advancements, strategies, and technologies driving the global effort towards decarbonisation.
Engage with experts who will share insights on the environmental, economic, and social implications of decarbonisation, paving the way for a cleaner and more sustainable future. Don't miss this chance to be part of the conversation that shapes our journey towards a carbon-neutral world. Are you ready to be a catalyst for change in the era of decarbonisation and shape the future of our planet?
Financing Decarbonisation At Scale
⏰ When? November 29th, 14 pm CET / 08 am EST
- Clara Mouysset, Head of Private Equity Green Assets Strategy at Tikehau Capital (leading alternative/sustainability asset management)
- Cle-Anne Gabriel, Leader of Decarbonization at KPMG Australia
- Erik Solheim, Fmr. Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Program and Minister of Environment and International Development of Norway
- Peter BenHur Nyeko, Co-Founder & Director at Mandulis Energy (leading developer of sustainable energy projects)
- Pierre Abadie, Group Climate Director at Tikehau Capital
- Taavi Rõivas, Fmr. Prime Minister of Estonia
Our esteemed speakers
1. Clara Mouysset
Clara Mouysset is the Head of Tikehau Capital's Private Equity Green Assets Strategy. Clara has extensive experience in the energy transition and decarbonization sector, where she has worked for 11 years. She worked for project developers (Total Energies and Velocita Energies), where she was responsible for the financing and sale of solar and wind power projects. Clara then managed several investment vehicles dedicated to financing decarbonisation projects at alternative asset managers (Eiffel IG) and now Tikehau Capital.
2. Cle-Anne Gabriel
Dr Cle-Anne Gabriel is National Leader of Decarbonization at KPMG Australia. She is also an Industry Fellow at The University of Queensland and co-founder of Australian-first Carbon Literacy training. She provides advice and leadership on global solutions for a just and low-carbon transition.
3. Peter BenHur Nyeko
Peter BenHur Nyeko is the Co-Founder and Director of Mandulis Energy. He leads Mandulis' development of Africa’s largest grid-tied biomass gasification power plant, as well as the off-grid REPARLE and BEPeARL projects, which won the DFCD Scalable Climate Solutions Challenge at COP26 and is listed in ESI Africa’s top African Power & Energy projects 2022.
4. Pierre Abadie
Pierre is the Group Climate Director at Tikehau Capital and Co-head of the Group's private equity energy transition and decarbonisation practice. He has over 20 years of experience in the energy and energy transition sectors. Pierre previously worked at TotalEnergies for 16 years, most notably in the Gas and Renewables division, before joining Tikehau Capital and becoming Co-head of Tikehau Capital's Energy Transition private equity fund, which was launched in 2018.
5. Taavi Rõivas
Taavi Rõivas is an Estonian politician, former Prime Minister of Estonia from 2014 to 2016, and former leader of the Reform Party. Before his term as the Prime Minister, Rõivas was the Minister of Social Affairs from 2012 to 2014.
Key expected questions
1. In your extensive experience in international development and environmental leadership, what are the most significant challenges you've encountered when it comes to financing large-scale decarbonization projects? And how do you propose we address these challenges effectively?
2. We often hear about the importance of public-private partnerships in achieving decarbonization goals. Could you share some insights or successful examples where such partnerships have played a pivotal role in financing and driving decarbonization initiatives at scale?
3. Given the dual mandate of achieving both financial returns and positive environmental impact, how does Tikehau Capital strike a balance when evaluating and investing in decarbonization projects? Are there any key considerations or success stories you can share that highlight the alignment between financial performance and meaningful contributions to the decarbonization agenda?
4. Given the growing importance of ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) considerations in investment decisions, how does Tikehau Capital integrate ESG principles into its decision-making processes when financing decarbonization projects? Can you provide examples of how aligning with strong ESG principles has positively impacted the financial and environmental outcomes of projects Tikehau Capital has been involved in?
5. In your experience as the former Prime Minister of Estonia, how have government policies and collaborations with the private sector played a role in advancing decarbonization initiatives, and what lessons can be drawn for countries seeking to finance decarbonization at scale?
6. Your projects have received recognition at COP26 and are listed as top African Power & Energy projects. What factors have contributed to the success of Mandulis Energy in securing funding and partnerships, and what advice would you give to entrepreneurs and organizations looking to replicate your achievements in the renewable energy sector?
7. The urgency of addressing climate change is clear, but finding the necessary funding can be a roadblock for many initiatives. Could you provide some strategies or innovative financial mechanisms that you believe hold great promise in mobilizing the necessary resources to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon, sustainable future?
8. In your role as the National Leader of Decarbonization at KPMG Australia, what challenges have you encountered in driving decarbonization initiatives, and how have you successfully navigated or overcome these challenges? Are there specific lessons learned that you can share with our audience?
If you're interested in organizing sustainability events, such as a webinar, in collaboration with illuminem, please feel free to contact us.