Watch our webinar on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLhFnqcjE
illuminem presents an exclusive opportunity to delve into the world of sustainable agriculture financing. As global populations continue to rise, and the challenges of the climate crisis intensify, the imperative for sustainable agricultural practices has never been greater.
Join us for a deep dive into the world of sustainable agriculture financing. As global populations soar and the climate crisis aggravates, the imperative for sustainable agricultural practices intensifies. How can we finance at-scale agricultural ventures that ensure both food security and soil health?
Financing Sustainable Agriculture at scale: ensuring food security and soil regeneration
Register here: https://www.linkedin.com/events/financingsustainableagriculture7122333774062727169/
⏰ 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧? November 8th, 6pm CET / 12pm EST
🎙 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐥...
Cécile Cabanis, Deputy CEO at Tikehau Capital (leading alternative/sustainability asset management)
Henry Gordon-Smith, CEO at Agritecture (leading advisory on climate-smart agriculture)
Laurent-David Charbit, Co-Head of Tikehau Capital's Private Equity Regenerative Agriculture Strategy
Philippe Birker, Co-Founder at Climate Farmers (leading regenerative agriculture startup)
Stefanos Fotiou, Director of the Office of SDGs, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Zitouni Ould-Dada, Director of Climate Change at World Food Programme
(Moderator) Andrea Gori, CEO at illuminem
See you there, of course at illuminem! 😉
Our esteemed speakers
1. Cécile Cabanis
Cécile Cabanis is the Deputy Chief Executive Officer at Tikehau Capital, where she brings to bear more than two decades of profound experience in the field of finance. Her commitment to sustainability has been a cornerstone of her career since her tenure as the Executive Vice President of Danone. Cécile also serves as a distinguished member of the boards of Schneider Electric, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, and Mediawan, further underscoring her extensive contributions to the corporate world.
2. Henry Gordon-Smith
Henry Gordon-Smith is the Founder & CEO of Agritecture, an advisory consulting firm that has consulted on over 200 urban agriculture projects in over 40 countries. He is a sustainability strategist focused on urban agriculture, water issues, and emerging agri-technologies.
3. Laurent-David Charbit
Laurent-David is the Co-Head of Tikehau Capital's Private Equity Regenerative Agriculture Strategy, responsible for delving into the financial strategies driving sustainable agriculture. Deeply rooted in a cause for sustainability, prior to this Laurent-David has worked as the VP for Global Climate & Sustainability at Unilever.
4. Philippe Birker
Philippe is the Co-Founder of Climate Farmers, a firm helping build the infrastructure for scaling regenerative agriculture in Europe. He is a serial entrepreneur with multiple co-founding roles such as Viva con Agua in the Nederlands and the Stitching Love Foundation.
5. Stefanos Fotiou
Stefanos Fotiou is an expert on sustainable development currently serving as the Director of the Office of SDGs, Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN. Under this capacity, he is also serving as Director of the UN Food Systems Coordination Hub.
6. Zitouni Ould-Dada
Dr. Zitouni Ould-Dada is the Director of the Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment at the United Nations World Food Program (FAO). He has 26 years of experience working with the UN and the governments of the United Kingdom and France. He is a thought leader in climate change, food security, and sustainable development.
7. (Moderator) Andrea Gori
Andrea is the Founder & "Chief Earth Officer" (CEO) of illuminem.com, the leading source of sustainability information & data, and one of Angel List’s Top Digital Startups in Europe. Previous to illuminem, he served as BCG’s Global Green Champion. Andrea is a speaker in events hosted at the United Nations, Davos, TedX, and several universities around the world.
Key expected questions
1. How can we bridge the financial gap to enable sustainable agriculture on a large scale, and what role does private equity play in this?
2. Soil regeneration is crucial for long-term sustainability. Could you share insights on innovative financial models or investment strategies that support regenerative agriculture practices?
3. Food security is a global concern. What are the most promising financial instruments or mechanisms to ensure equitable access to food in underserved regions?
4. Can you discuss the challenges and opportunities for attracting more investment in sustainable agriculture, especially in the context of climate change and shifting consumer preferences?
5. Given the diversity of sustainable agriculture initiatives, how can investors and financial institutions effectively assess the impact and ROI of their investments in this sector?
6. Are there any notable examples of public-private partnerships that have successfully financed large-scale sustainable agriculture projects? What lessons can we learn from them?
7. How can technology and data analytics be leveraged to improve the financial sustainability of agriculture while addressing environmental and social concerns?
8. In the context of sustainable agriculture, how do you see the role of impact investing evolving, and what are the key performance indicators for measuring success?
9. The United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals emphasize the importance of sustainable agriculture. Can you elaborate on the FAO's role in supporting financial initiatives that align with these goals?
10. What advice would you give to financial institutions, startups, and entrepreneurs looking to make a significant impact in financing sustainable agriculture at scale?