Bioclimatic Architecture Is there a way that a large city turns greener and sustainable?
Nowadays, nearly 54% of the world’s population lives in cities. According to the studied expectations of the UN, by the end of the century, this number will increase by 12%, contributing to a total of around 66% of the world’s population living in cities. And how could this be a problem? In fact, the urban settlements are responsible for nearly 70% of the world’s greenhouse effect gases even though these cities only represent 2% of the global area on our planet. According to a report by the IEA, the building and construction sector consume together 36% of the world’s energy and contribute 39% to the release of greenhouse effect gases.